Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More Poems to Obama by Tibetan Bloggers

High Peaks Pure Earth has translated more poems to Obama. Our previous post was a long poem that had originally been written in Tibetan.


The amusing short poem below was originally written in Chinese by a Tibetan and posted on his blog on November 22, 2009




The question I ask Obama
I am from Tibet
I am a Tibetan
My name is “Drotsang Gochang”
I want to become the President of China
Look at me
Look at my appearance
Is there any hope?


Following this posting, many Tibetans wrote responses imitating the original unique style of the poem, here are two that High Peaks Pure Earth has translated:





Re: The question I ask Obama
I am from Tibet
I am a Tibetan
My name is “The soul of the deceased of 1958”
I want to become the President of China
Look at me
Look at my appearance
Is there any hope?

The letter I write to President Gochang
I am from Tibet
I am a young Khampa girl
I want to become the President’s wife
Look at me
Look at my appearance
Is there any hope?

No comments: